Submission: August 23, 2013
Registration: August 23, 2013
Language: English or Korean
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Prizes: 1st Prize € 10.000 2nd Prize € 5.000 3rd Prize € 2.000 5 x Mention € 1.000
Type: Open competition for architects and architecture students
International architecture competition Mapo Oil Reserve ” The first step to change The Mapo Oil Reserve Base, a relic of the industrial era”
Located in Sangam, this area was once an abandoned mountain of waste, but now stands as a state-of-the-art city that leads the future of Seoul. Aiming to achieve a communication and co-existence between people and nature, the oil reserve base will be returned to the citizens through the ideas of students and professionals who reflect the meaning and value of the land and regenerate the space to meet this new era’s core values of environment & ecology and sustainable future.
The purpose of the competition is to:
- Collect the creative ideas to revitalize the competition site.
- Gather ideas of professionals and students from various fields, which include architecture, planning, landscape architecture, education, environment, culture, etc.
Contents of output:
- Idea of revitalizing oil reserve tanks to meet the new era’s core values of environment & ecology and sustainable future.
- Idea for surrounding area (parking lot, green space, etc.)
- Idea for establishing the network between competition site and surrounding area