Submission: July 15, 2014
Registration: July 15, 2014
Language: English or Polish
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Prizes: Competition Jury Thematic Award PLN 5.000 (1.200 €) Competition Jury Award PLN 3.000 (750 €) Internet users award PLN 2.000 (500 €)
Type: Open competition for architects and architecture students.
International architecture Competition for a project in the public space of Warsaw (within its administrative boundaries) is organized by Fundacja Puszka, hereby referred to as the Organizer, as part of the FUTUWAWA website.
- a) The subject of the Competition is:
- a project for Warsaw of the future – „SEASONS OF THE YEAR” category – in the ﬁeld of: architecture and urban planning (buildings, urban solutions, bridges, green areas, water bodies, urban furniture and others) and art in public space (installations, sculptures, monuments, murals, etc.) that has not been previously presented to the public and refers to the topic of the SEASONS OF THE YEAR in Warsaw.
- a project for Warsaw of the future in the ﬁeld of: architecture and urban planning (buildings, urban solutions, bridges, green areas, water bodies, urban furniture and others) and art in public space (installations, sculptures, monuments, murals, etc.). Projects previously presented to the public may participate in this category.
- b) Competition will admit:
- projects that are innovative and bold, proﬁled for a speciﬁc area of Warsaw;•projects that are utopian / dystopian and futuristic;
- projects ready to be carried out and have not been realized in Warsaw urban space on the grounds of urban planning, for technological and ﬁnancial reasons, as well as due to many other factors.
The aim of the competition is:
- Choosing, among the submitted works, the most interesting project related to the public space in Warsaw of the future;
- Engaging the artistic community in creative and active co-creation of the futuwawa.pl website;
- Permanent interest of the inhabitants of Warsaw in space and condition of their own city, as well as encouraging them to offer their own solutions and evaluate the ideas of others;
- A comprehensive reﬂection on public space in Warsaw through demonstrating projects and using a platform for the exchange of opinions;
- Promotion of creators and their projects in Poland and abroad.