A School for Tanzania: Design+Build. Earth Architecture Competition
– Submission format:
A statement explaining your design concept (max 700 words).
Three A2 presentation boards submitted as high printing resolution PDF.
Each board and file should specify the project title and competition entry number.
Submission must include a well-explained site plan, floor plan, elevation, sections, and 3D perspectives.
– Submission language: English
– Judging criteria: Our judges will evaluate your project on four key criteria; Conceptual innovation, functionality, environmental and social impact.
– Participants agree that all material submitted to C-re-aid can be used free of copyright for marketing purposes including written competition entries, photographs, and social media channels.
– Participant may submit any questions to email@example.com
– Available discussion platform for participants: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2706657499550641/
– If the winner(s) choose construction as the competition award, it will be the winner’s responsibility to find volunteers to collaborate in project construction. Winner(s) will be assisted at all times by the C-re-aid team.
C-re-aid is launching its first design+build competition in partnership with Jubilant School and Orphanage located in the Kilimanjaro Region.
This competition gives you the opportunity to work in the design and construction of a nursery school for orphans from 3 to 6 years old in Moshi rural. The main aim of this project is to create a sustainable space where kids can start their educational journey feeling like at home; A space to learn, discover, and play.
Link to Competition
Link to Registration form
1st prize: € 1,000 or project construction trip to Tanzania and internship with C-re-aid+ printed book with selected submissions*+International exhibition
2nd Prize: € 500 or project construction + printed book with selected submissions + international exhibition
2 honorable mentions: printed book with selected submissions + international exhibition*.
An exhibition of all the winning entries and honorable mentions will be held in Belgium and in Tanzania
*A book with selected submissions and end of competition results will be released.. Get it for € 15 or any plus donation to C-re-aid.
Type of Competition
Open to the public/Minimum requirements (Open to anyone that complies with the requirements), Single stage (Winners selected immediately)
Who can Participate
The competition is open to students, recent graduates, or professionals in architecture regardless of their nationality.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
– Competition fees:
Early registration: $40 Individual or $70 Team (15th June – 15th July)
Regular registration: $50 Individual or $80 Team (15th July – 31st August)
Late registration: $60 Individual or $90 Team (1st September – 30th September)
– The competition is open to students, recent graduates, or professionals in architecture regardless of their nationality.
– Multiple entries are allowed. Only one prize per participant.
– Each design entry will require an individual fee.
– In the case of a team entry winning, the organization will only cover the expenses of one team member.
– To register complete this Application form
– Payment methods: Paypal firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the NGO´s bank account. Specify the name and reason for payment.
– After registration and payment are completed you will receive an email with all working materials together with a unique competition entry number per submission.
– Submit your final proposal to email@example.com
Dates and Time Frame
Registration Closes September 30, 2020
Deadline to Submit Project October 1, 2020
Winners announcement Date November 20, 2020
Location of Competition
Location of Project (if developed)