Submission: October 15, 2013
Registration: Ocober 15, 2013
Location: Riga, Latvia
Prizes: 1st Prize € 7.000 2nd Prize € 4.500 3rd Prize € 2.000
Type: Open competition for architects
International architecture competition to obtain one or more architectural project tenders in accordance with the competition client’s and competition programme’s requirements, using an equal, creative competition between architects on an international level.
The subject of the competition is a proposal for an architectural idea for the new construction of a food supermarket with additional services project, hereinafter – the object, on a building site at Rigas district, Garkalnes territory, Berģi, Rigas-Siguldas highway 8, in accordance with the requirements of the competition programme and regulations.
The functional use of the competition object:
- A food supermarket with additional services (chemist, flowers and laundry), which are located in the entry junction section;
- A single storey building with a 3,000m2 useable internal space.
- The object has one central entry door;
- There has to be a ramp at the back which meets on one level with the shop floor;
- Two driving up spots, one of which is by the stationery ramp and the other by the hydraulically raisable and lowerable platform which is at the raisable ramp’s height, are required in the ramp zone.
- Object must be placed on the land, so the idea is a customizable other rectangular parcel to the area from 10 000 m² to 15 000 m² and their respective dimensions of 90m x 130m to 100m x 150m.
- A car park next to the building for 150 vehicles with at least half of the car park covered by a roof, with the roof having a minimum height of 4m.