HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE – Architecture Writing Competition
History of Architecture is a 2021 Presentation and Writing Competition, organized by Archiol. Architecture evolved over the centuries, with the rise and fall of civilizations. Architecture is the essence of the history of Human Civilization. The competition, History of Architecture is looking for a presentation board and essay submissions on any of the periods from the history of architecture.
• Create a presentation Board of 30cm X 30cm size, explaining any one period from the history of Architecture with drawings, facts and details.
• A write up about the period that you have chosen.
• When writing an opinion piece on architectural history, the use of facts, figures and landmark case studies is important to the development of your article.
What can be submitted?
• Presentation Board of size 30cm X30cm
• Text of up to 1500 words or less. (600 words min.)
Note! Registration deadline is 11th March 2021, but you can submit you project until 12th March 2021.
• Presentation Board of 30cm X 30cm size which may include, but are not limited to 3-D views, sketches, sections, isometric views, plans, elevations or any other means of graphical representation. You may include text labels, architectural markings & symbols and short descriptive text.
• The title must be included as the heading of the sheet.
• Your Participation Code should be written in the top right corner of this sheet.
All submissions should be digital:
• Text submissions, including footnotes, citations, and illustration notes, must be submitted digitally in .doc format.
• Images must be submitted in .jpeg format
• Vector-only graphics should be submitted in .pdf formats.
How to Submit?
Upload a single zip folder with Your presentation board (30 x30 cm) in jpeg or pdf format and a docs. File to your Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the sharing link to email@example.com
• File Naming: ‘ARCHIOL_Participation Code.pdf’ (ex. if your Participation Code is 1234, the file name should be ARCHIOL_1234.pdf). You will receive your Participation after completing the registration.
• Size Limit: 5 MB
History of Architecture is a 2021 Presentation and Writing Competition, organized by Archiol.
Link to Competition
Link to Registration form
Top 3 Entries:
• E-Certificate of achievement
• Feature in Archiol E-zine
Top 20 Entries:
Type of Competition
Open to the public/Minimum requirements (Open to anyone that complies with the requirements), Single stage (Winners selected immediately)
Who can Participate
Competition is open to all human beings, from every age and cultural background, working in groups or individually.
Dates and Time Frame
Registration Closes March 11, 2021
Deadline to Submit Project March 12, 2021
Winners announcement Date March 19, 2021
Location of Competition
Location of Project (if developed)
Banner, Poster, Brochure or Triptic of Competition