Submission: August 31, 2014
Registration: July 25, 2014
Location: Washington DC, USA
Prizes: 1st Prize $ 1.000
Type: Open competition for architects and architecture students.
International architecture competition for the Museum of Science Fiction (MoSF), a non-profit organization, which seeks to establish a science fiction museum in Washington DC. As an initial step, MoSF will build a temporary preview museum, which will be used to:
- Establish an immediate presence for the museum in Washington DC, and generate excitement and media interest in a future, full-size museum.
- Solicit donations for through fundraising events.
- Test innovative new technologies and gain insights into the visitor experience to inform planning for a future, full-size museum.
Additionally, the preview museum will:
- Engage and educate visitors with compelling content, design, programming and state-of-the-art visual and digital installations.
- Create a social hub for the science fiction community.
- Be seen as a comprehensive source of science fiction knowledge.
- Demonstrate the educational potential, particularly in the STEM fields, of a science fiction museum.