Competition the Design a New Umbrella: Your Umbrella, Your Perletti
Perletti is looking for concepts and product ideas for a new umbrella; you are thus invited to explore solutions aimed at its customisation and style that may help the Perletti brand to be easily recognised by the final user. You are free to give your own interpretation to the product drawing on your creativity and background.
For the correct realisation of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
Product typology: the umbrella – available both in long and mini versions – shall be customised through various elements that will contribute to make it a highly distinguishable product for the final user.
Customisation elements: in order to make the umbrella an iconic product, you may include various customization elements, including for example the ones listed below. For more info about the current product range and for some examples, please see the Material files attached and the website www.perletti.com . For the purpose of the contest, you may focus even on one single customization element.
• Handle: usually available in various shapes and styles, both for the long and mini versions, it is one of the most important elements in the customization of the umbrella. The handle leaves space to various customization possibilities that you are invited to explore as you prefer, for example in the choice of materials, finishes (soft touch, carbon finish, pearlescent, iridescent, rubber, etc.), shape, juxtaposition of materials or other processes. In addition to the style requirements, keep also into consideration the ergonomic features of this element, to offer both great aesthetic value and good usability for the final user.
• Tips: end elements of the ribs where the canopy is fixed; they are another element for your customization of the umbrella. You are free to give them shape and color at your discretion.
• Top: depending on the umbrella typology – long or mini – there’s a top element, that you may consider for customising your umbrella.
• Ribs: they are currently made of fiberglass, iron or aluminum mainly – for instance, they may be customized in the color or in the design of the joints.
• Case: it is a very characterising element, giving the fact that – in addition to the handle – it constitutes the visible part when the umbrella is closed.
• Closing strap: you are free to explore new solutions to make it a very characterizing element for your umbrella, also exploring at your discretion the use of different materials (ex. fabric, cords, chains, etc.).
• Canopy: it is customized through graphics, colors, patterns, solid colors, etc.
• Other elements or accessories: at your discretion, you may suggest the use of other customization elements such as labels, pendants, etc. to make your umbrella really unique and distinguishable.
In addition to the elements described above you may suggest other elements or customization solutions that make your products a really distinguishable product for the Perletti brand.
Style: you are free to adopt the style you prefer, even in discontinuity with the current stylistic language used by Perletti. At all events, your umbrella shall be designed for the city and be perceived as a dynamic and modern product, which favors clean lines.
Shapes: you may suggest innovative shapes for the various elements, still keeping into consideration its ergonomic aspects and in view of its industrialization.
Size: the new umbrella shall comply with the standard for this product typology, both for the long and mini versions. You are invited to take into consideration also the proportions between the various elements of the umbrella (for ex. handle size vs the overall umbrella dimensions, etc.). For more details, please refer to the Material files attached and to the collections available on the Perletti website.
Materials: you may suggest the use of various materials (for ex. ABS, PVC, metals, etc.) including finishes (soft touch, carbon finish, pearlescent, iridescent, rubber, etc.) or various material combinations. You are nevertheless free to suggest possible innovative solutions, always in view of the product industrialization. For some examples about the materials used by Perletti, please refer to the Material files.
Values to convey: your umbrella shall be perceived as a very recognizable, original product, able to constitute a very distinguishable element in the market, thus becoming an iconic product for the Perletti brand.
Logo: for the purpose of presenting your project, you may include the Perletti logo in a discreet way, using one of the versions provided in the Material files.
Deliverables: upload all the images that better present your projects, giving maximum visibility to the customization elements you suggest. If necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Evaluation criteria: in the evaluation of your submissions Perletti will take into account the following criteria:
Degree of distinctiveness (5/5)
Degree of innovation (4/5)
Economic sustainability (4/5)
New contest on Desall.com: Perletti and Desall invite you to create a new umbrella, able to distinguish itself from the competitors thanks to its design and style details that make it a very distinguishable product.
Link to Competition
Link to Registration form
1st Award EUR 5,000
Each additional award: EUR 2,000
Type of Competition
Open to the public/Minimum requirements (Open to anyone that complies with the requirements), Single stage (Winners selected immediately)
Who can Participate
Open to any age and nationality
Dates and Time Frame
Registration Closes June 18, 2019
Deadline to Submit Project June 18, 2019
Winners announcement Date September 30, 2019
Location of Competition
Location of Project (if developed)