BFDA – Boun Furniture Design Awards ‘20
Welcome to the 2nd edition of Boun Furniture Design Awards ‘20.
Furniture is part of a system that completes our comfort. Layers of furniture bring out who we are and how we live. They are an inseparable part of us. Intended to support various human activities, they eventually are prominent controllers of the human psyche. And by selecting the right furniture, a person can leave the outside world at the door and find their own nest of comfort. The role of designer hence becomes essential in framing these niches and corners of how our lives are scripted and unscripted in innovative ways. Ways; a normal person can only know after experiencing these.
With Boun Furniture Design Awards, we honor projects that ascend creativity & practicality and bring out new dimensions of design through furniture as a medium.
Boun Furniture design Awards (BFDA) has been created to recognize, honor and celebrate the pinnacle of crafting excellence and design proficiency in the furniture design industry. We are inviting designers and craftsmen across the globe to submit their entries which will be judged for design innovation, versatility, visual ingenuity, ergonomics, aesthetics. With some exemplary furniture projects received in our previous edition, we can’t wait to see what lies in store for this year’s BFDA 2020. Learn more on http://competitions.uni.xyz/bfda-20
Furniture is part of a system that completes our comfort. Layers of furniture bring out who we are and how we live. They are an inseparable part of us.
Link to Competition
Link to Registration form
Citation – Each x 5 Categories (Realized projects only)
Special Mention – Each x 5 Categories (Realized projects only)
People’s Choice x 2 Awards (Most appreciated projects from the world)
Type of Competition
Open to the public/Minimum requirements (Open to anyone that complies with the requirements)
Who can Participate
1. Participants from all geographical regions are eligible. Open to participants of all backgrounds, including design students and professionals.
2. Realized projects only are eligible for this contest. No conceptual furniture ideas are allowed.
3. Participation is on an individual basis only. Organizations/studios may participate however, certificate/awards will be issued to a single contact person / Team members registering for the award. One individual can submit multiple projects (separate entry for each) in multiple categories.
4. Entries must be original works of the entrant/studio/organization, who will be recognized as the sole designer of the said
entries throughout the course of the competition.
5. You can enter in more than one categories for the awards. However, the entry has to be submitted separately. Only
designs conceptualized/created/realized after December 2013 are eligible. Entries that infringe, breach, prejudice or violate
the property, interests or rights (including but not limited to contractual rights, user rights, copyright, design rights and all
other proprietary and intellectual property rights) of any third party will be disqualified. Participants shall be liable for claims
by such third parties resulting from the infringement. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for any infringement.
Dates and Time Frame
Registration Closes November 15, 2019
Deadline to Submit Project November 30, 2019
Winners announcement Date January 20, 2020
Location of Competition
Banner, Poster, Brochure or Triptic of Competition