Virtual Art Mela: From The ‘Window’
Brief of the competition:
Look outside your window. It could be the window to the inside as well. What landscapes unfold? What stories does the city share? Especially in places where we talked, played, and celebrated. What changes do you see? Or this could be a window of meditation and imagination. Why is this change inevitable? What changes do you wish to see? How will these hybrid changes look like? Where are you seeing those changes? Who all are doing them? It is Time to energize your thoughts, embrace your views, and explore with paper, pen, and ink or color with your spectacular ideas of the world today and tomorrow. Happy Illustrating!
MEDIUM: Sketches, Drawings, Paintings, Collages, Photographs or Photo Montages. *Individual Participation/Entries only*
– Maximum 2 entries are allowed per registration.
– One needs to email the scanned version/visual graphic jpeg file; minimum dpi 300 and minimum size 2MB to [email protected] with a subject line, Submission: Virtual Art Mela – Category of Participation.
– Registration Fee: There are three categories for the Registration as follows: [A] Indian school Students: 150 INR for up to 12 years age (Tie up schools INR 100, Tie up NGO’s: INR 0) [B] Indian school/college Students: 300 INR for 12-25 years age (Tie up Colleges/Institutes: INR 200) [C] All others (Foreign Applicants and individuals aged above 25 from India either from Architecture & Design fraternity or general public): 11€ or INR 800
– Register from the categories buttons in the website and fill the details of the Google form ‘Or’ Pay the registration fee and send the screenshot of the same to along with your basic details as follows Name, Academic Status, Institute associated with, email id, Proof of age (Any other Government verified document)
– All entrants must mention their social media handles along with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
– The submission should be an original work of the entrant and should have not been submitted previously to any other competition.
Nisha Nair Gupta, Founder, People Place Project
Pappal Suneja, Founder, Architectural Journalism & Criticism
Martina Spies, Architect, Activist, Designer & Founder of Anukruti
Jayaraman Subramanian, Veteran Architect & Executive Director, STUP
Lilo Viehweg, Design Researcher, Curator & Lecturer, Germany
Prayas Abhinav, Writer, Teacher & Entrepreneur, Mumbai
Virtual Art Mela, inviting diverse interpretations via versatile mediums for the theme – From the ‘Window’ is a joint initiative of People Place Project and Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organization. This International Competition calls for Ideas from across the globe in three categories school-going (under 12 years of age), collegians (12 – 25 years of age), and Open (25-100 years of age).
People Place Project and Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organization
Link to Competition
Link to Registration form
Each Category will be awarded two best entries.
Prizes include – It’s Play Time by Martina Spies, The People Place Project publications: People Called Shillong and City Mosaics as well as Poetry & Architecture & Myriad Disciplines of Architectural Writing by Pappal Suneja along with a Coloring Drawing Set
Besides this, E-Certificates attested by the jurors shall be sent to the winners and all the entrants will get a Participation Certificate. The Best entries of the Art Fair will also be featured at multiple International web portals.
Type of Competition
Open to the public/Minimum requirements (Open to anyone that complies with the requirements), Single stage (Winners selected immediately)
Who can Participate
Open to All
Dates and Time Frame
Registration Closes July 20, 2020
Deadline to Submit Project July 31, 2020
Winners announcement Date August 15, 2020
Location of Competition
Banner, Poster, Brochure or Triptic of Competition