Application Submission: March 19, 2013
Location: Saint-Priest, France
Prizes: 20.000 € for each selected team.
Type: Restricted projects competition for architects with 3-4 teams selected.
Competition for the construction of the Nelson Mandela Park in the heart of the city of Saint-Priest, France. The principles of the future park are based on the following guidelines:
– A variety of spaces and landscapes that support different uses.
– Spaces for recreation, rest and meetings, sporting and cultural activities.
– Integration of the buildings and sports facilities in the park.
– Establishment of natural continuities within the park.
– The park will be a link between neighborhoods constituting a large public space in the city center.
– Must be versatile and appealing for all ages throughout the year.