Application Submission: July 9, 2013
Location: Thonon-les-Bains, France
Prizes: € 60.000 for each selected team.
Type: Restricted projects competition for architects with 3 teams selected.
Restricted competition for construction of a cultural center in the former convent of the Visitation in Thonon-les-Bains, France.
The program provided for the work is:
– The complete renovation of the old building in rue des Granges
– The creation of an extension of the street to house an auditorium and practice rooms above.
– Coverage of the cloister
– The opening of the gallery of the cloister
– The development of a lobby in the western part of the south wing
– The creation of a vertical axis in the former building of the south wing
– Installing the local library related with the three wings of the cloister,
– The reclassification of outdoor spaces on the street in front of the stalls in the market square.
The financial budget of the project is 8.8 million euros.