Sunlight in Architecture: Conceptual Design Challenge
Sunlight in Architecture is a 2021 Architecture Conceptual design Competition, organized by Archiol. Sunlight is one of the most important and powerful design elements. How can the different types of natural light be used in architectural design? Using different types of natural light, such as diffused, direct, reflected, and zenith create conceptual design.
The competition, Sunlight in Architecture is looking for conceptual design submissions on the importance of the sunlight in architectural design.
• Conceptual Development sheet
• A write-up – Text of up to 1000 words or less.
What can be submitted?
• Conceptual Development sheet of size 30cm X 42cm- Horizontal (No. of sheets: min – 01 and max-05)
• Text of up to 1000 words or less. (800 words min.)
• A Docs. File of maximum 1000 words.
• Conceptual Development sheet 42cm X 30cm size which may include, but are not limited to 3-D views, sketches, sections, isometric views, plans, elevations or any other means of graphical representation. You may include text labels, architectural markings & symbols and short descriptive text.
• The title must be included as the heading of the sheet.
• Your Participation Code should be written in the top right corner of this sheet.
All submissions should be digital:
• Text submissions, including footnotes, citations, and illustration notes, must be submitted digitally in .doc format.
• Images must be submitted in .jpeg format
• Vector-only graphics should be submitted in .pdf formats.
How to Submit?
Upload a single zip folder with a docs. File and jpeg. files to your Google Drive or Dropbox and submit the sharing ink.
• File Naming: ‘0000_XY_ABZ.pdf’ (ex. if your Participation Code is 0000_XY_ABZ, the file name should be 0000_XY_ABZ.pdf). You will receive your Participation after completing the registration.
• Size Limit: 5 MB
Sunlight in Architecture is a 2021 Architecture Conceptual design Competition, organized by Archiol. Sunlight is one of the most important and powerful design elements. How can the different types of natural light be used in architectural design?
Link to Competition
Link to Registration form
Top 3 Entries:
• E-Certificate of achievement
• Feature in Archiol E-zine
Top 20 Entries:
Type of Competition
Open to the public/Minimum requirements (Open to anyone that complies with the requirements), Single stage (Winners selected immediately)
Who can Participate
• Competition is open to all human beings, from every age and cultural background, working in groups or individually.
• Architects, Interior Designer and design students are perfectly suited for this competition.
• You can work individually or in group, a group of maximum 3 people (Registration in the name of the individual representing the group, please mention the name and details of group members under the comment section in registration form).
Dates and Time Frame
Registration Closes March 30, 2021
Deadline to Submit Project March 31, 2021
Winners announcement Date April 13, 2021
Location of Competition
Location of Project (if developed)
Banner, Poster, Brochure or Triptic of Competition